Monday 23 May 2022

Phil and Maureen Rooksby

Years ago I used to follow Elspeth Thompson's blog about her garden by the seaside, and I was shocked and saddened to read about her death in 2010. Yesterday I was leafing through her book A Tale of Two Gardens, and came upon a piece called 21st-Century Self-Sufficiency, about books written by Phil and Maureen Rooksby. I had never heard of them, so naturally I googled their names. And found a website called A Simpler Life , which includes free PDF's of their books. Worth a look!

2 comments:

  1. Oh - I'd forgotten about them. I had a correspondence with him way way back when they still lived in this country - was it Yorkshire?. The books were very odd - all self published and looking like handwriting and odd shapes.
    I reckon I heard about him from the Centre for Alternative Technology in Wales as I used to have their newsletter and they would have sold his books.
    I see from the website that Maureen died a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil now lives on Shetland with a new partner.

    ReplyDelete